There is a famous proverb; Exercise is king, Nutrition is queen, Put them together, and have a kingdom.
As per all online nutritionists, taking an ample amount of Nutrition will prevent 95% of all diseases. To weigh the importance of Nutrition on our health, we at Diet Buddy celebrate National Nutrition Week in the first week of September.
Here we are going to mention some essential health-related general questions which we face in our lifestyle. Our experienced nutritionist, Namita Bhutani, answers these questions in a live session with Jungleworks Team.
Why is there so much importance of Nutrition in our life
Nutrition plays a vital role in a healthy life which is free of diseases and deficiencies. You can eat anything anytime whenever you want. But ideally, you should not. A balanced diet from all food groups give you healthy body and help you with handling daily pressure and challenge.
What are the major health-related problems we face in professional work life, and how to get rid of them?
Working 9 to 6 is mentally and physically exhausting. But in this case, our physical activity is minimal, which can lead to many diseases like
- PCOS PCOD
- High cholesterol
- High triglycerides
- High BP
- Diabetic and many more
The remedy here would be
- Manage your working hours in the circadian cycle
- Keep a bottle of water always on your desk, drink a lot of fluids including and keep yourself always hydrated.
- Move after every hour for 5-7 minutes.
- You can do some thermogenesis exercises between your working hours like the rotation of arms, Raising legs or just 1-2 situps.
- Try to keep walking while taking calls.
- Sleep peacefully 7-8 hours at night
How do I know if I’m getting all the nutrition I need?
If you are physically and mentally active, free of any aches, pains, lethargy, and include all the food groups in your diet, you are not compromising your Nutrition. Keep a check on your blood report quarterly so that you take the necessary action.
I’m not very hungry when I know it’s time to eat. Is that normal for someone my age?
It is a very vague question. There can be so many reasons for this health issue.
- You may be eating at the wrong time
- You may not be exercising daily
- You may not even take proper sleep
- You may be eating the incorrect portions
So, if you are doing any of these things, Consult a Dietitian. She will help you out.
What is one healthy habit I should commit to doing over the next 90 days to improve my Nutrition?
- Balance your work-life timing. We get 24 hours in one day. It’s up to you how to use this time. Priorities your work and divide your time accordingly.
- Keep yourself hydrated throughout the day. Drink at least 2 litres of water in a day.
- If you meditate before sleeping, you get 7 to 8 hours of proper sleep.
- Take a tiny include portion of all the food groups in day to day life.
What is the ideal way to do Exercise? Should I do it daily or take a break after a week?
So ideally, five times a week workout should be there. Simultaneously, increase your non-activity thermogenic activity like walking to work.
Taking the stairs taking the calls while walking. Also, be active throughout the day.
Can you suggest Healthy Lifestyle hacks
Be punctual with the timings of getting up and going to bed pattern & meal timings.
• Get enough sleep: 8-9 hours
• Stay warm and moist: Have an oil massage or apply some oil over the body before bath regularly.
• Do yoga poses involving stretches regularly.
• Deep breathing or Pranayama techniques and meditation will heal mentally
Diet Buddy- Best platform for healthy diet plans
Explore a better version of yourself with our best diet plans. Book an appointment with our 25 years, experienced Namita Bhutani mam. And start your healthy journey within minutes.